Pages

Monday, September 4, 2017

Sociology and how you might use it!



In my life, I grew up  around law and criminal aspects of life and the world because of my father. In Ghana my father was apart of an intelligence group known as BNI (Bureau of National Investigations ) and he would tell me all his stories when he was working in the unit. I became so interested in that life regardless of how dangerous some of his stories were. Every time he will be watching television it would either be on the News, Forensic Files,  Jeopardy, or anything pertaining to his field of interest. Through all of this, including my fathers stories, I became interested in the field of Criminal Justice and Sociology because I found it really interesting on how to solve certain crimes that a human committed and wondering why they made the decision to do this certain crime and also learning how an individual came up with a plan to execute the crime.  

I would define sociology as the study of the social life, changes, causes and consequences of human behaviors with the analysis of the communication between individuals as to the world. Sociological perspective is the point of view you have on human behavior and its connection to the world. Sociology is useful in the sense that it helps us understand  not only other people but ourselves, culture, and environment. It also helps us understand the world and why individual do what they do or think the way they think which can help me with my future endeavors. I plan on attending law school hopefully to get to the FBI. With the use of sociology, it may help with knowing why my client is in a given situation and it will also help with how I preset my case before the judge. Within the FBI sociology is a starting tool in solving crimes. The benefits of a sociological perspective is learning what other people think on the topic of sociology. It may help strengthening your understanding because of another individuals view it can also be used outside the academic walls in a sense of maybe understanding your friends personal issues with, for example, dating like why you chose certain individuals or why you are attracted to a certain individual and with that you maybe able to give great advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment